• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dilemma- Upgrade Mojave to Catalina-still using LR4,

#1 Dale Davis
Dear Gunther:

I am writing as an e-mail rather than the forum since I doubt there is any one out there who is still as antiquated as me! Being the chicken that I am, I have still remained with LRtimelapse 4. I now have a new iMAC. And a new MacBook Pro after my old was stolen in Madagascar a month ago. Both machines are still using Mojave and I have been afraid to upgrade to Catalina. Now this problem with the new Lightroom and I am totally confused as what to do.

On one side I want to install the copy of the LR Time-lapse 4 on both machines and not upgrade to Catalina.
On the other hand I know you will tell me to upgrade both machines to Catalina and install the upgrade to LTTimelapse 5.

I was actually going to do the 2nd option until I received your e-mail regarding the Lightroom bug. I have already done the Lightroom and complete Adobe CC Photoshop/Lightroom new upgrades.

Here is what I have now;
iMAC and MacBookPro with Mojave on both
plus new Lightroom upgrade, and old version of LRTimelapse 4.

Please Gunther, what should I do?

Dale Davis
#2 Gunther
Let's sort that out, I think you can consider the 3 aspects independently.
1.) Adobe Lightroom Upgrade to 9 -> You say you already did that. That means, currently the Export Plugin from LRT won't work, because of the Bug that Adobe introduced with 9.0. Until that is fixed, you can use the workaround presets, that I've providing with LRTimelapse 5.3.2.
2.) Update to Catalina: For LRT it doesn't matter. For other Software it might take a while until they are fully compatible. If you have no urge, wait a couple of weeks before upgrading to Catalina.
3.) Upgrade LRTimelapse to 5: I'd recommend it. LRT4 is out of support since more than one year, it doesn't get any updates since nearly 2 years now, I don't test it with new OS updates or Lightroom updates. It's outdated and might cause issues where I can't help you with. With LRT5 you can be sure, that I will do anything in my possibilities to keep it compatible with the latest OS and LR versions. Additionally LRT5 brings an easier workflow and many improvements, that you really will take benefit from, check out what's new in my video: https://lrtimelapse.com/news/lrtimelapse-5-new/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: