• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Exposures becomes darker in LRTimelapse than Lightroom

#1 Krimolvig
Hi,

after editing the images in Lightroom, saved metadata and reload back to LRtimelapse the exposures is darker and have more contrast in the visual preview and the rendered video compared to lightroom (it look's the same after rendered, played in MPC-player).

Se the attached examples, the difference is quite huge I believe.

I did not render with PMB, and I have the latest DNG-converter (v. 9.7).

Please help me out :/
Running Molvig Media Timelapse-company | Vimeo | Youtube | Facebook

Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
So the final video is okay and looks like in Lightroom? That's what matters.
The preview in LRTimelapse is not color managed, it might be off. This is due to performance reasons. Normally you don't use that as reference, since you edit in Lightroom - there you will judge the colors. The final video then will be similar to the look in Lightroom (since video and photos have different color spaces it cannot be exactly the same - but very close). Make sure to have the latest LRTimelapse version installed, since I improved the color handling in difficult situations with the latest update to 4.7.3. See: http://lrtimelapse.com/news/lrtimelapse-4-7-3-update/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Krimolvig
Oh, no. The final video have more contrast than the images in lightroom. Actually, the visual preview exposure and the final video is quite similar.

I have the 4.7.3 version installed.

Could it be something with the color profiles in lightroom?

#4 Gunther
I wonder why you attached an image of Lightroom and LRTimelapse preview then...

As long as you export with the LRTExport plugin from Lightroom (make sure you have selected "Tiff-Ori" as preset and LRTImelapse is really exporting via that plugin and that the plugin displays the version 4.7.3 !) then there is no need to worry about color profiles in Lightroom.
Make sure to render in Prores for best color rendition.
If the problems persist, please send me the log file after rendering (LRTimelapse, Info-Menu, Show Log).
#5 Krimolvig
I dont know really, why I posted a screen of the Lrtimelapse instead of the final clip.

Here's another example. Uploaded the image rendered by lightroom and a screenshot of the final video. As you can se, the video is way darker in the foreground.

I've never encountered this problem in earlier version, seems like something happend when upgrading to either 4.7.2 or 4.7.3.

Actually, I've always used the JPG 4K option, never really thought about the differences.

I do not own the Pro version (just Private) so I render in MP4.

I've sent you email!

Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#6 Gunther
Like I said, I've changed the color handling from 4.7.2 to 4.7.3.
Please send me the log file after rendering the video.
#7 Krimolvig
What's the different between exporting in jpg and tiff? Will there be a notible change?

#8 Gunther
It depends from the footage. I'd say in 90% of all cases you might not see a difference, since you made all the dynamic edits in Lightroom before exporting.

...also check out: