• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRTimelapse 4.8.3 .... Export Probelm

#1 Metragnome
I get all the way to exporting the files to video... I export from Lightroom, then I get a message prior to rendering:

"No suitable image sequence found"

"Please make sure to select an intermediary sequence that has been created from within Lightroom usuing LRTimelapse Exporter.
The folder with the intermediate sequence normally starts with LRT_ and contains files with the names LRT_001.jpeg/tif....."

A folder was created "LRT_ .... " with all the exported jpegs in it (the exported jpegs have the same file name as the original RAW files off the camera) ... IS THIS THE PROBLEM????

I've tried manually rendering the video via LRTimelapse and choosing the same folder with the exported jpegs but I get the same message.

Any ideas pleace??

Thanks
Metragnome
#2 Gunther
The poblem ist the Bug that Adobe introduced in Lightroom 9.0., I've explained it here: https://lrtimelapse.com/news/lightroom-9...rt-plugin/
I've provided a workaround in the latest LRTimelapse 5 version.

LRTimelapse 4 is outdated since quite a time and out of support. There are no updates for it anymore and it might not work with latest LR or OS versions. You should upgrade to LRT5, otherwise you are lost in situations like this.
Currently you still can get a discounted upgrade to LRT5 https://lrtimelapse.com/upgrade/ - which is the current and maintained version and also brings many improvements to the workflow and new features.
Here's what's new in version 5: https://lrtimelapse.com/news/lrtimelapse-5-new/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Metragnome
Thanks for your help....

I should mention that I use Lightroom Classic (Adobe Creative Cloud) on my Windows 10 PC.... by upgrading to LRTimelaspse 5 and using the workaround, I should be ok?

Metragnome
#4 Gunther
Yes.
#5 Metragnome
Will go and upgrade.

Thanks again. Much appreciated Smile
#6 Gunther
You won't regret... :-)
#7 EddieCloud
I figured that 4.8.3 still works but exporting is not any-longer supported with the latest version of LR Classic. The best way is to export via LR ( select hard drive export option) and make sure you name your folder as LRT_RAW keeping file names as LRT_001.jpg etc

I hope this helps
#8 EddieCloud
Dear Gunther

I have purchased LRTimelapse pro version back in 2016. I have now figured that purchased version lacks its functionality with the every update of LR classic. I'm concerned that on some point it might stop working at all. As much as I would love to upgrade to the newer version to be able to have my version of LRTimelapse fully working back again I'm slightly concerned about the upgrade structure and pricing. At the time of purchasing pro license for LRTimelapse 4 I wasn't quite aware about the eventuality of expirations of product and didn't think I was going to be able use it fully for a limited time only. I slightly disagree with the structure and pricing of the upgrade - having spend €298 back in 2016 for pro license this purchase only lasted for roughly 3 year before you made it redundant and decided to move onto 5.0 version which apparently my purchase is not qualified for the upgrade - I feel like I'm being forced to re-purchase the license for the discounted ( but still heavily charged fee - at half the price of the original purchase) to be able to use the product the way it was intended in the first place

I have no issue with paying for the upgrade however what rises a big question now how long this license is going to last before you decide to move to the LRTimelapse 6 , abandoning again the LRTimelapse 5 and making me pay another upgrade fees in the near future. I find this practice rather bizarre and I think you need to figure out slightly different approach to the pricing as much I love your product I feel that I'm not sure what I'm actually paying for.

I'm slightly gutted about this practice and I hope you will figure out consumer friendly pricing structure in near future

Kind regards
#9 Gunther
Hi Eddie, in the EULA (End User license Agreement on https://lrtimelapse.com/eula ) it's clearly said that Major upgrades will be of charge. But they happen every couple of years only. This is practical use with nealry any Software that is not "rented out" via a subscription model. You are not forced to upgrade to a new major version, normally you will be able to use the old version that you bought longer. But it won't be updated and supported anymore and if the surrounding conditions change (Lightroom Updates, OS Updates etc.) it might be necessary to Upgrade. That's the same with Lightroom: if you get a new camera, you need to upgrade lightroom.

2 More things: it's not to expect that Adobe changes things in a way the LRT will not work anymore. I'm in contact with Adobe and they support LRT. The current bug in LR 9.0 was an incident and will be fixed in LR 9.1.
Second: There will not be a major upgrade to LRT anytime soon. And also every major LRT upgrade comes with a fair transition time.

I hope you understand that I cannot work for free and provide major updates and personal support over years without additional charge.
#10 EddieCloud
Hi Gunther

Thanks a lot for claryfing

This version of software is now completely useless with latest version of Lightroom or on its own as even video generating had gone bizarre and I can't even assemble sequence within the 4.8.3 version so perhaps I gonna need to get an older version of Lightroom in order to restore its functionality or move away from LRTimelapse completely

This software served me well for about 3 years and its now going to get removed

Kind regards and good luck in future

...also check out: