• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

File Organization and Process for DNGs

#1 Astrodon
New member and new to LT5. Question on procedure. I have 300 DNG files in Lightroom Classic CC (converted from Sony RAW AWR from a Sony a7RIV (9504 x 6336). The have filenames like R7404486.dng. I would like to make a 4K video. Since they have been converted to DNG, and are in the same folder with many other photos from the trip, what is the best procedure for LT5 (Private)? Do I move just the TL DNGs to a separate LR folder? Is the fact that they are already converted to DNG going to cause a problem? I will need some key frames in places where the sun came out from behind the clouds and then disappeared again. Do I process them in LR and export them to a folder as hi-res jpegs? If so, what pixel dimensions? In short, can you suggest a procedure for what I have? I'm sure this will become clearer as I work through it for the first time. Many thanks.
#2 Gunther
Just move the timelapse to a separate foldernfronnwithin lightroom. Then remove that folder from lightroom (it will get readded later in the process). Then follow the instructions on https://LRTimelapse.com/workflow for the visual workflow.
Don't do any editing or exporting to JPG before.

Sent mobile...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: