• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Firmware 30 for LRT PRO Timer 3.0 and 2.5

#11 Gunther
BTW: this is an English Board... (Deutsche Übersetzung unten, aber bitte hier auf Englisch schreiben).
--
In rare cases, Windows can be a bit bitchy with USB devices and at some point no longer registers them correctly.
It may help to connect the timer in update mode (double-click on reset button, display frozen), then search in the device manager and right-click and then "Uninstall device". If necessary, set "Show hidden devices" under "View" and then remove everything. Disconnect the timer, restart the computer if necessary and then reconnect it.
There is also alternative software that can completely uninstall USB devices, I can't think of the name now, just google it. After that it should actually work if the timer is not defective.
In an emergency, you just have to send it to us, then we will check for a defect and make a cost etimation if necessary. In this case, please send an email to support(at)lrtimelapse.com
--
Windows ist in seltenen Fällen zickig mit USB Geräten und meldet diese irgendwann nicht mehr richtig an.
Ggf. hilft es, den Timer im Update Modus (doppelklick auf Reset Knopf, Display eingefroren) anzuschließen, dann im Gerätemanager zu suchen und dort rechte Maustaste und dann "Gerät deinstallieren". Ggf unter "Ansicht" "Ausgeblendete Geräte anzeigen" einstellen und dann alles entfernen. Timer abziehen, ggf. Rechner neustarten und dann wieder anschließen.
Es gibt auch alternative Software, die, USB Geräte komplett deinstallieren kann, Name fällt mir jetzt nicht ein, einfach mal Googlen. Danach sollte das eigentlich klappen, wenn der Timer nicht defekt ist.
Im Notfall, müsst ihr ihn uns halt einschicken, dann prüfen wir auf einen Defekt und machen ggf. einen KVA. In dem Fall bitte EMail an support(at)lrtimelapse.com
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#12 mopperle
Sorry for answering in english. Wink
I will check your suggestion with "uninstalling" the ProTimer next week and will report back.
Gruß/regards

Otto
#13 MiWey
Hallo Otto,
herzlichen Dank für Deinen Hinweis.
Habe es eben mit meinem 12 Jahre alten Dell XPS probiert und da hat das Firmware-Update anstandslos funktioniert :-)
Nun muss ich das gute Stück noch ein paar Jahre pflegen, damit es auch mit künftigen Firmware-Updates klappt ;-)

Viele Grüße
Michael
#14 mopperle
Tried Gunthers suggestions, but still no luck, as soon as I try to access the ProTimer, Explorer freezes.
I'm giving it up now. I can update via a MacBook, and as I do not expect major changes in the firmware (everything works as it should), not a major problem for me.
Gruß/regards

Otto
#15 larssundin
I just updated to FW30 and now I can't set the date. Whatever I entered I ended up with 2165-165-165 165:165:165

I have done a factory reset and I have download the fw once more. Still this wacky date.

Does it have anything to do with me not having used the device for the last 6 month or so?

PS. I replaced the RTC battery with a new one and now I can set the time with no problem. I appreciate the clear instructions on how to replace the battery, thank you DS.
#16 Gunther
Glad you sorted it out! The buffer battery for the real time clock needs to be replaced every 2-3 years.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: