• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Grad filters in LR5

#1 macronencer
LRT4 is just incredible! I'm excited about the visual deflicker because it really seems to work like magic. Thank you.

One thing is puzzling me, and I can't work out whether it's a bug or my lack of understanding; neither can I work out whether it's due to something in LR5 or something in LRT4. It relates to grad filters...

When I first save the metadata and reload in LR5, I edit the first frame, and if I need to use grad filters my usual process is to adjust them, and then quickly disable and enable the filter to see the difference. Recently I've noticed that the whole image changes, not just the part that should be affected by the filter.

So I experimented by setting all the filter values to zero for all four filters, and when I disable and enable the filters there is STILL a large change in the image brightness. If the filters are all set to zero, what's causing this? I don't understand.

This may be something obvious that I've missed, in which case, sorry for the silly question Smile
#2 Gunther
There are graduated filters, that you don't know about, that are being used by LRTimelapse in the background for the deflickering and holy grail leveling. The magic, you are talking about... :-)
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 macronencer
Oh I see! Actually I think that's very clever Smile

The down side is that I can't turn the filters on and off and see the effect of the ones I've edited... but if it means LRT4 can work its magic, that's OK. It's a price I'm well willing to pay. Thanks for the quick (and rather interesting) response!

...also check out: