• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Holy Grail Method and Panning

#1 JACohen
I have a question relating to panning with the software when there are many keyframes used because the Holy Grail method is being applied. I think you covered this in your book but I'm afraid I don't understand it and I hoped you might explain again in a different way.

If I want to pan smoothly from left to right, how do I do this when there are key frames in the middle of the sequence which will obstruct the movement? I know there is a way to create a separate section that just has the pan and not the exposure changes, but if you could explain it a little clearer that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Julian
#2 JACohen
Actually I think I have the answer from Ryan here:

http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-igno...ht=Panning

However when I try this it removes the keyframe edits so I must be doing something wrong but can't work out what.
#3 Gunther
Apply the panning as a last step in your whole workflow.
First do all the HG-stuff, than go to Lightroom/ACR again, and edit the first and last keyframe with different crops.
Now in LRTimelapse right click on the table header of one of the "crop" columns and chose "select only this". This will select only the crop columns. No got to the manual transitions (bottom of table) and apply one of those. Confirm the question to override keyframes, it will only affect the crop columns now.

Save and render!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 JACohen
(2012-12-23, 12:59)gwegner Wrote: Apply the panning as a last step in your whole workflow.
First do all the HG-stuff, than go to Lightroom/ACR again, and edit the first and last keyframe with different crops.
Now in LRTimelapse right click on the table header of one of the "crop" columns and chose "select only this". This will select only the crop columns. No got to the manual transitions (bottom of table) and apply one of those. Confirm the question to override keyframes, it will only affect the crop columns now.

Save and render!

Worked beautifully! Thanks a lot and Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to you.

...also check out: