• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Importing photo sequence via LRT seems to cause an issue on LrC previews

#1 noucel
Hi there,

I recently found that importing the photo sequence from LRT seem to disrupt previews on the develop mode in LrC and made it impossible to continue with the edits. Importing directly from LrC and then adding these to LRT solved the issue. So, I thought that something during or while saving the metadata in LRT may have caused something strange in the metadata files.

An important note is that I had partly recorded files as Canon RAW CR3 and others in full RAW. This seem to occur only in those full RAW files. I wonder if this is the real cause of the problem or that importing and saving the metadata in LRT should overcome this fact.

I basically labelled keyframes and save this settings on metadata files during the LRT common workflow. Then, I added them to LrC and realised that previews, on the develop mode only, displayed incorrectly while edit tongs of the right menu remained untouched. If switched to the library mode this didn't occur.

I thought it would be worth pointing this out. I use a MacOS 15.0.1 on a M3pro chip with LRT 7.1 and latest DNG converter soft.

Cheers,
#2 Gunther
Generally, it's not a good idea to mix different file types in one folder. This might be the reason for the issues.
Please observe if this also happens with sequences of distinct file types and if so, with which ones and if you can reproduce this.
If so, please send me one or two of those raw files along with the XMPs.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: