• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Insta360 One R and electric slider

#1 cuchuoi04
Hi folks,

I wonder how to syncronize my Insta360 One R shutter speed (especially slow speed when shooting at night) with an electric slider. I can set the interval for the slider and the camera separately but afraid that they will not completely syncronize as the camera may start shooting when the slider begins to move. For faster shutter speed I think this can be overlooked and hard to see but for long exposure shots, the photos may be blurred.

Any ideas or solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Cuchuoi04
#2 proffelina
Not much response for your question eh?

But nevertheless an interesting setting.

I use phones, gopros and other "inferior stuff" for timelapse all the time. It gives a lot of advantages. Image quality isn't everything... ;-) And using a Insta360 for timelapse is a great idea.

Given your equipment (Insta360) and the purpose, I'd drop the "Shoot-move-shoot" aproach, and go for a simple DC-motor driven solution that is geared down to get a smooth, slow and constant movement.

If your slider can go at a constant speed that is slow enough, I'd definitive use that. Even if you have a 30 Second-shutter on the Insta360, the nature of the lens/camera design would forfeit the gain of a synchronized solution via shoot-move-shoot. Additionally, if you have stars in the frame, they'll move anyway - even during a shoot-move-shoot sequence.

That tiny amount of blur you get might actually make the video-rendered result more pleasing to the eye. If the goal was to make a single image that has as clear a picture with a long exposure, you'd anyway use a star-tracker or a camera with a larger sensor/aperture combination.

I've done a couple of timelapses, using a GoPro 4 back in the days, and just have a DC motor drag it across a rail at constant speed. Works great for it's purpose, and is easy to set up and use.

Keep it simple is my motto.

...also check out: