• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Installation error

#1 Newsworthy
Hello, tried to upgrade to LRTimelapse 5.0.7 today on WIndows 10 machine. It had always worked in the past with 5.0.6.

Installed the update over the old version, and the splash screen appears for about 0.5 seconds, then disappears. No programs appear in Task Manager.

Uninstalled, and reinstalled, and the same result. Just updated Java, and no change.

Any help appreciated, I couldn't find anyone else with the same issue. Sorry if it's a repeat.

Nick
#2 Newsworthy
Further, I can't find any log files to explain what's happening, sorry.
#3 Gunther
First thing I'd recommend to do is to uninstall any version of LRTimelapse via Control Panel/Add Remove Programs and then restart your computer. Now install the latest LRTimelapse 5 again. Normally it should work then.

If not: Please try launching via the CMD file located in C:\Program Files\LRTimelapse 5\ you'll get a terminal windows with some output. Please post it here.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 Newsworthy
Hi Gunther, thanks for replying. Here is the output from the CMD launch:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error:

There is an incompatible JNA native library installed on this system
Expected: 5.2.0
Found: 5.1.0
C:\Program Files\LRTimelapse 5\jre\bin;C:\WINDOWS\Sun\Java\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\intel64\compiler;C:\Program Files (x86)\Python35-32\Scripts\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Python35-32\;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\dotnet\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\FileBot\;C:\Users\Newsworthy\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;;..
To resolve this issue you may do one of the following:
- remove or uninstall the offending library
- set the system property jna.nosys=true
- set jna.boot.library.path to include the path to the version of the
jnidispatch library included with the JNA jar file you are using

at com.sun.jna.Native.<clinit>(Native.java:199)
at lrtimelapse.LRTimelapseMain.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
at lrtimelapse.LRTimelapseApp.main(Unknown Source)
Press any key to continue . . .

I now know where to start looking, I'll follow this lead and let you know. Thanks!
#5 Newsworthy
Okay so uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled again, same issue. Exploring how to remove JNA libraries I guess?
#6 Gunther
It seems like another program on your system has installed an outdated JNA library which seems to get preferred on your system. The path in the output might be a starting point to narrow down the program to look for. Just uninstall or update that program.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#7 Newsworthy
That did the trick! The offending program was FileBot, in case anyone else encounters this.

My only issue now is that LRTimelapse seems to have lost exiftool, which the settings point to correctly, but the ExifTool button up top is red. This followed a clean re-install.
#8 Newsworthy
On top of this, I've lost the ability to preview pictures in the top left window, presuming it's related to exiftool supposedly missing, which it's not. Confused
#9 Newsworthy
FIXED IT! For some reason now, I have to run LRTimelapse as an administrator. exiftool.exe seems to need to be an admin to run it, which might have caused the hangup. Odd.

All seems well now.

...also check out: