• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Internal battery camera dead - missing day and hour in exif raw long term timelapse

#1 Riccardo Scotti
Hello to all of you,
Four years ago I've started a project about glacier monitoring through long term time-lapse imagery in my region (Lombardy - Italy). I've started with some good old Pentax reflex cameras with a DIY solar charger system that power the camera for few second every half an hour for the whole year. Here you can apreciate some videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX9Uddd...b8w/videos

The system is simple but has some issues, the main one is that the internal battery (or accumulator) of the camera will die sometime since the camera is without external battery or power for most of the time.

Here I come to the question. I have all the pistures with the same date and hour and so I can't use anymore the LRtimelapse time-stamp and the useful time filters to cancel the nightime images. Another problem is that I have to manually count days (tahnks to the nightime images) to understand the date duering the year.

Do you know if there is a possibility to batch the exif data to insert date and time that will incrementally ad 30' between every image?
I'm not into programming but maybe there is some software or not too complicated way to fix the exif of the entire collection.

Thanks a lot,
Riccardo
#2 Gunther
Couldn't you just use the luminosity filters in the Long Term Workflow to identify the night time images? I've shown how to do that in my long term tutorial: https://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/advanced/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Riccardo Scotti
Hi, thanks for the reply! Yes, I use the luminosity filter but in the last two times it did not work. I move the slider and for a millisecond the selected images are highlighted but suddently they disappear and the number of filtered images remains the same. I doubt the issues is connected to the hour of the images that remains the same in every file, any idea? I use now 5.6.0
#4 Gunther
Why is it that you don't have exif data in those images? Did you try to assign the date/time info via "Metadata / Copy File Dates to Exif Dates" in LRTimelapse.

Also it seem strange that you can't use the luminosity filter. Are you sure that you did use the sliders in the correct way? Please try different slider positions. Normally if the left bandwidth sliders are all the way to the left (the right ones all the way to the right), there should be no filtering at all.
Then you can start increasing smoothing and bandwidth until you get the desired results.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: