• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Interval Ramping - Ramping time

#1 stefanbenjamin
Hello everyone,

I'm curious about your experience with interval ramping and what ramping time to use.

Imagine that you want to use this function during your day to night lapse and extend your interval by for example, 10 seconds.
What time do you have to set-up to change the interval in order for this to run smoothly. Is there a formula for this or what are your best practices?

I can think of an example from 5 seconds to 15 seconds interval, but I'm especially curious if there is a rule to follow. So that I can calculate this myself in multiple situations.

Greetings Stefan
#2 Gunther
It strongly depends on the situation. That's also why I didn't implement a "planned interval ramping". Usualy I just start shooting and then monitor what's going on. Are there clouds coming in, or is the sky clear - if the sky is clear and the exposure times get longer and longer, I start doing some interval ramping, preferably before the stars get visible in order to avoid an acceleration of the stars. If you did that a couple of times, you'll get the feeling what works.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: