• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Intervalometer blocks the camera for too long - how to get around it?

#11 shupp
Thanks for this article, Gunther. This is a problem I deal with routinely, and am looking forward to trying it on an inexpensive Aputure intervalometer this week for use with my Canon 6D, which has the N3 connector. I'm going to use this as a guide for the pinout:

http://martybugs.net/blog/blog.cgi/gear/...ector.html

Cheers,

Bill
#12 Kerry
Thanks Very much Gunter. So what about the wifi receiver USB trigger that works with the qdslrapp?
#13 vikas chander
Hi

I am curious to know if the qdslr sends an autofocus signal or not.... ?

i have been doing test runs a with qdslr on my rooftop with a sony a7s and i cant tell if that signal from qdslr to autofocus
is going to the a7s or not ....?

vikas
#14 Gunther
Quote:Thanks Very much Gunter. So what about the wifi receiver USB trigger that works with the qdslrapp?
This is a complete different thing, when triggering the camera via USB this does not apply. If you use qDDB's internal timer, it's qDDB controlling everything.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#15 axle01
So can this be used on my Sony A7s.

Alan
#16 axle01
Quote:Thanks for this link, but here are my 3 reasons why I don't recommend that approach:
I explained the modification of the cable because that way, you only modify a 5$ cable and can easily go back to normal mode with another cable and don't ruin the regular function of your intervalometer.
Apart from this, this will probably only work on intervalometers with fixed cable so easily, by those with a soldered 2.5mm jack, it will be more difficult.
It will only work with canon the way it's described, since for nikon again, you will have to joint AF and trigger signals.

Couldn't you connect the disconnected grey to the red internally for Nikon.

Alan
#17 Gunther
It only works the way I described it, I've tried everything else too.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#18 axle01
Thanks for your quick reply and will it work on my Sony A7s.

Alan
#19 mikeorso
Great tip! I've seen a couple people ask about Sony with no response. I use the cheaper remotes for my A7S and A7RII. ( http://www.amazon.com/JJC-TM-F2-Multi-Fu...ony+remote ) I would prefer to do this mod internally. Does anyone know which color wire to snip?
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#20 axle01
Mike that's the same remote I use for my Sony.

Be interesting if it can be hacked and used on Sony.

Alan

...also check out: