• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Holy grail with Canon 6D - Qdslrdashboard/Samsung Galaxy S9+ and Emotimo Spectrum ST4

#1 smrl1
Hi all,

I've having real problems with Qdslr dashboard, and I'm thinking it's an issue with android.
I can connect to 6D fine through wifi on my phone, check I have connection in Canon camera connect then go to Qdslr Dashboard.

I can never connect to the app from here, I always get
'Searching for canon camera...finishing searching for canon camera. '
1/10 times I get
'Searching for Canon camera...'
'Found Canon 6D...'
then 2 seconds later
'Finished searching for Canon camera' but the connection won't have been established.

The only time I managed to use dashboard it didn't keep the reference value.

Are there any tips for adjusting manually for sunrise/sunset?
I tried last night adjusting shutter every 30 frames but sunset isn't as linear as I thought, so even with deflicker I can see increases in exposure when there shouldn't be.
The shutter is controlled by the Spectrum ST4.

Failing that - any tips on getting Qdslr dashboard to work? Get an iPhone?

Many thanks from a very frustrated amateur timelapser,
Sam
#2 Gunther
Normally qDslrDashboard works very well on Android. Make sure to turn off Mobile Data on your phone, often this helps.
There is also a forum on https://dslrdashboard.info where the developer can help with technical issues.

If you want to do the ramping automatically, set the camera to playback the preview with RGB histogram after each shot and adjust as needed (according to the histogram) not just statically every 30 seconds.

But normally you should get qDDB going on your android. iOS istn't an option, because Apple removed qDDB from the iTunes store.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: