• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

is the "Holy Grail" that easy

#1 pipjor01
After reading your book and watching your tutorial is the " holy grail sunset" as easy as shooting/exposuring your first shoot in "M" mode clicking off shoots every 10 seconds until sunset then in Lrtimelapse set 3 keyframes then edit in LR and done??? If so sweeet!!!
#2 Gunther
Is this a statement or a question?
Actually - yes it is that easy! ;-)
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 pipjor01
well it isn't quite that easy i found out but still pretty easy, I found I had to manually change my ISO 4x's during sunset, but your workflow with setting manual keyframes then editing in ACR was pretty easy and fast.

My only question is at what point do you decide to manually change your ISO? How far to the left do you let your histogram go before changing ISO?

Also i started the sunset with a ND fader,but took it off 3/4 into the sunset, is that a normal workflow?
#4 Gunther
(2012-03-24, 11:37)pipjor01 Wrote: My only question is at what point do you decide to manually change your ISO? How far to the left do you let your histogram go before changing ISO?
That's a bit experience, hard to describe. Normally you can recover a lot in the dark areas if you shoot raw.

Quote:Also i started the sunset with a ND fader,but took it off 3/4 into the sunset, is that a normal workflow?
I don't use ND-faders, I think you might get trouble if starting shooting with a fader and then removing it. The fader normally adds some kind of color cast and vignetting.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 pipjor01
here's how my 1st attempt turned out, alot of room for improvement
https://vimeo.com/39105924
#6 keksi
Hello pipjor01,
If you believe its too easy, you could start with bright sun and end with stars, without flicker of course!
Good luck;-)

...also check out: