• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Is updated LRT/ACR/AE/ME Workflow tutorial available?

#1 richparry
A lot has changed since 2015 in both LRT and Adobe CC when I last downloaded the Timelapse_Shooting_and_Processing-2015_Gunther_Wegner book. The LRT/ACR/AE/ME workflow in the book is out of date. Does the current updated version of the book discuss the topics below? Is there another source of updated LRT/ACR/AE/ME information.

• Color Management in the workflow
• Exporting Rec.2020 JPEG from ACR
• Sharpening settings in AE
• Motion Blur settings in AE
• Media Encoder rendering (not AE rendering)
• Suggested Media Encoder codecs for Vimeo, YouTube, or sharing on a thumb drive
• etcetera

I am aware of the advantages of the “normal” LRT workflow, so please limit comments to the LRT/ACR/AE/ME workflow.

Thanks in advance,
Rich
Canon user: 5DM3, 5DM2, Rhino Slider (24" & 42"), Emotimo TB3. Use Adobe ACR and AE.
#2 Gunther
Hi Rich, since every Adobe Subscrber that has ACR/Bridge also has LR Classic, LRTimelapse focuses on the LR workflow and I really recommend using it. There are many advantages, as you are aware of and things that are difficult or even impossible to achieve with ACR. For example the Synchronization of the tools except the hidden Gradients that LRTimelapse uses for HG and Deflicker compensations, you just can't do this in ACR. Also exporting with the correct Rec.2020 color Space is not easy to do.
In the last updates Adobe changed the UI of ACR so that it's really close to LR Classic, this means, even if someone is not firm with LR, she/he will easily be able to use LR for the timelapse work and take benefit of the smooth and fast workflow which is also much more error-safe than with ACR.

The new EBook is covers all the new developments since 2015 and has 3 times the pages than the old one. It's definitely worth it. But it doesn't cover working with ACR simply because I don't recommend it.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: