• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Keyframes, what do they do exactly?

#1 Donkerg
Hi, 

Just started using LRTimelape. I`ve read the manual/docs and watched the video. 
But I don`t get exactly what the keyframes do. 

I assume that If I am satisfied with color settings from camera and I only want to use the Deflicker option there is no need for the keyframes ? 

Suggest I use the keyframes.  For example 1000 pics, and use 5 keyframes, will the keyframes then smooth out the ( ie exposure ) between the other 995 frames ?
#2 Gunther
Normally you always edit a sequence, at least a bit for contrasts, white balance etc.
Keyframes are the frames that you edit manually, the editing of all in between frames will get calculated automatically when you hit "Auto Transition" in LRTimelapse. If you don't want any transition, only the same settings for the whole sequence, use only one keyframe at the beginning and edit that one.
If you don't want to edit at all, the number of keyframes doesn't matter. Then just skip the lightroom part after the first workflow row and continue right away with the 2nd row. But as I said, usually you should your sequences to get the best results.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Donkerg
Thanks for the quick reply, and explanation, your software works great. I`m gonna setup the camera ( Canon, sorry) soon for another tryout to shoot my 2nd timelapse. I`ll use the keyframes wizard then,.

...also check out: