• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lightroom Classic very low CPU utilization

#1 Mark.I
Hi,

I have a PC equipped with a Threadripper 3960X (24-core/48-thread) processor that has typically made quick work of exporting timelapses through LR. While exporting, my average CPU utilization used to hover right around 100%, but lately it is staying around 15% and never even peaks above 19%. The exports are much slower than they used to be. However, exporting the ProRes video file from LRTimelapse does indeed bring my CPU up to 100% and goes very fast.

I don't believe anything else could be bottlenecking the export process as I am not using any masks, just simple
- My files are on a very fast M.2 Nvme drive and exporting to a separate, equally fast M.2 Nvme drive.
- I have 128GBs RAM
- All my internal temps are staying very cool - my fans used to audibly pick up speed upon export but they no longer do.
- I am running the latest Lightroom Classic, AdobeDNG Converter, and LRTimelapse 6.2

I would love any input anyone might have as I have a huge amount of timelapses to process for a job.
Thanks.
#2 Gunther
Make sure you have the latest Lightroom Classic installed. Then try turning off "Use Graphics Accelleration for Export" in the Lightroom settings. For many users this slows down the export considerably instead of speeding it up.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: