• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 SpinixHerbst143
In 2016 the problem with LRTimelapse on Linux was apparently that Lightroom does not work on Linux (https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-lrt...e-on-linux). With the latest LRT 6 and the internal rendering and builtin editing, in my opinion this is the moment for a Linux version. Since it is written in Java it shouldn't be a hard thing to do, but I can't tell for sure.

I'd really like to see a Linux version in the future because with the stream deck and proton and thus many games coming to Linux, the only reason to keep Windows is LRTimelapse. I can now already cancel my Lightroom Subscription which is a great. Deleting Windows would be even greater.
#2 Gunther
As I explained in my tutorial about the internal workflow: https://youtu.be/7pMbXkq47BI LRTimelapse 6 is using the Adobe Development engine when doing the internal workflow. What LRTimelapse does is basically XMP manipulations - the result is the same if you do the certain edits in LRTimelapse or Lightroom. LRTimelapse needs the Adobe DNG Converter to calculate the visual output and the Adobe DNG Converter doesn't work on Linux.
Apart from that, LRTimelapse itself would run on Linux.
And again: I think everyone that uses LRTimelapse should own a Lightroom license even if it's not technically necessary - after all we are using the Adobe Technology here in any scenario.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 SpinixHerbst143
Ah sorry, I only watched the Video about the new features.

For professional photographers I think it is okay to have to buy Lightroom since most of them are using it anyways but I only do timelapses as a hobby and don't want to pay 130€ per year for a program which I rarely use since I do ~10 timelapses per year (mostly in summer).

At least with the new internal workflow this is possible (on windows/mac os) now. It would be nice to use another engine (there must be a suitable open source engine) for Linux but I can understand that this is out of your target audience.
#4 Gunther
The thing is that there is no other engine that provides the necessary interfaces and professionality that Adobe Camera Raw does. And of course, I need to see how much effort I can put into such a solution and how many people would take profit of it.
PS: Check the amazon offers for the Adobe Photogaphy subscription. Many times a years there are huge discounts so that you don't need to pay more than like 80 bucks a year for LR Classic and Photoshop which is an absolute bargain.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: