• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 bojanv55
Is there any easy workflow to achieve what I asked here: https://video.stackexchange.com/question...tion/37569

Basically:

I have a hdr timelapse that combines images shot with 5ev3 brackets and 3ev3 brackets. because of this there is visible light transition in the middle of the video. What would be the easiest way to fix this and make it gradual? I already tried deflicker plugins, but it doesn't help. Video example is on this link:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iL_juJlPEdU
#2 Gunther
For such a scene HDR is total overkill. Does more harm than good. You see the hassle you have now... :-)
You'd have achieved a better outcome with simgle shots and the right exposure ("to the right" without overexposing) and the Holy Grail technique. Remember that for the next time.

Your best option now: cut at that spot and do a crossfade in Video editing.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 bojanv55
Thanks for quick answer. Yes, this one is only an example (just small cut from whole timelapse). When I had the sun in the frame, I think there is no other option but to go HDR (already tried single shots, but too much noise in the blacks and clouds are clipped). Hoped that there was some way to calculate light difference between HDR and single frame image and then animate 2-3 seconds of transparency for that mask from 0% to 100%.

P.S. I have this same problem when creating 3EV3 brackets and then transitioning to the night when I can use only single shot.
#4 Gunther
I've very rarely had timelapse situations that I couldn't cover with a single exposure. But that might depend on the camera you are using. With Nikon full frame DSLR/DSLM cameras from the last 10 years, the dynamic range is huge and mostly sufficient.
As I said, that kind "transparency animation" can be easily done in any video editing program, such edits are not in the scope of LRTimelapse.
#5 bojanv55
Actually after thinking a bit about it, I managed to do this in a pretty simple way and the result also seems to be pretty good. Since each HDR has 3 images (0ev, -3ev and +3ev), i just took out from the last 24 HDR image sequence images with 0ev ONLY, and created new clip only from those. Then I did opacity transition for these 24 images from 0% (image 1) to 100% (image 24). Then I overlayed this sequence in the video at the exactly same time that those HDR frames appear. Result - perfect gradual transition!
#6 Gunther
Glad you found a way, sounds good!

...also check out: