• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LR Timelapse Holy Grail does not correct exposure transitions

#1 kitenature
Hi Gunther,

recently I started working with LR Timelapse again after I bought a Pro License. I never had any issues with the Holy Grail feature before but recently it doesn't correct my exposure transitions any more. Please take a look at my attachment. I couldn't figure out what's going wrong.

- I doublechecked your Workflow and did it exactly the same way (except using the importer)
- I considered all the things you mentioned in the FAQ concerning Holy Grail errors and I did the troubleshooting concerning metadata and everything worked the way it should
- I reinstalled LR Timelapse exactly the way you described it on your website. I updated Lightroom to version 9.2 and Adobe DNG converter to version 12.2 (because today there was no hint on your website not to do so, but I also had the same issues with DNG converter 12.1)
- I always use the Sync Keyframes script as you mentioned
- I shot all my timelapses in manual mode and changed the exposure settings manually
- I tried to work on different timelapses but every sequence has the same issue
- I initialized the sequences and started again after I first got the issue
- I got rid of custom point curves

With an older version of LRT 5 everything worked fine before (probably a year ago) with exposure compensation. I never had issues like that before consequently I think my workflow should be fine.

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks, Jens
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
Can you try intializing the sequence once again (metadata / initialize) - then do Keyframes Wizard and then Holy Grail Wizard.
now, without editing in Lightroom just click on "Visual Previews". Does the compensation work?
If so, you might have used non linear edits in Lightroom to a great extent, which would introduce some contrast changes, which you might be seeing in the pink curve.
All in all - a Pink curve that is still a little bumpy is normally not a problem and quite normal, depending on how you edit. Mostly one or two passes of visual deflicker will smooth that out.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 kitenature
Thanks, Gunther, I did it your way and the compensation works. But I am wondering if it's possible that just small changes in Lightroom effect the curve so much? After I tried it without any edits I now edited nearly the same way as yesterday and the curve now looks nearly perfect already without any deflickering.
#4 Gunther
So maybe you did something wrong then yesterday... Hard to give a remote diagnosis... :-)
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: