• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LR timelapse not rendering

#1 couvreur
I have recently upgraded to LRTimelapse 6.5.0 from 5.5 on my MacBook Pro (Ventura OS, Intel processor). Since then it impossible to render my video. If I start the render in Lightroom, LRT does not take over. I cannot start the render from within LRT. Not from the menubar (file/render video) and not from the "export & render (internal)" button. No error message, just no response at all. I am using Lightroom 6 from 2015, installed from CD, not from creative cloud. Another strange thing is that LRT keeps asking me to upgrade Adobe's DNG converter, which I have already done (3x).
What could be the problem here, and what should I do to fix it?
#2 Gunther
Make sure to have the Setting "Masks Version" set to 1.0 in the LRTimelapse setting, since you are using an outdated 8 years old (!) version of Lightroom. Better would be to upgrade to the latest Lightroom Classic, which is much better suited for timelapse because it's much faster.

Do Lightroom export the images via LRTExport? Then you should be able to at least open "File / Render Video" in LRTimelapse and manually select the exported LRT_* sequence for rendering. Make sure to be in mode "Render Preexported Sequence" in the render dialog.
It might also be useful to watch my tutorials about what's new in LRTimelapse 6 and 6.5 to understand the difference between the lightroom workflow and the new internal export and render, see: https://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/

If you can't get it going, please redo the whole workflow and then please send me the log file after your issues happened. (info menu / show log)
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 couvreur
Thanks for your quick reply. I was away, so I could not respond earlier. I understand your comment about the old version of Lightroom I am using. But for me €13/month is expensive as I do not even use it once a month. I don't like Adobe's pricing at all for infrequent users. They have stand alone versions of PhotoShop and Premiere, but not Lightroom anymore. I will probably be forced to take a creative cloud license in the future. The old version does not work on my M2 Pro Mac, so I can only use it on my Macbook Pro with Intel processor.
Anyhow, I have tried again and now the option File/Render Video does work - where it previously did not - and as Lightroom did export the files I could manually start the process. Thank for the help.
#4 Gunther
I recommend to check Amazon frequently for the Photography Cloud (includes Lightroom Classic and Photoshop). Often, for example on black Fridays you can get really good offers for a year of subscription.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: