• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRT Pro Timer, Battery

#1 Canonista
Hi.

The instruction manual lacks adequate and complete information on how to change the CR1220 battery. Illustrative images are missing to clarify the instructions.

The autonomy of the battery should be greater. Normally the batteries of this type of CR button cell battery last from 5 to 10 years and in many accessories it is not necessary to change them.

If you need to change the battery, the job is tedious and annoying, you also need special tools and you have to do it very carefully so as not to break or damage the intervalometer cables or electronics.

It is not normal that the reviews and analyzes do not mention this aspect of the battery. I also don't understand how such an expensive consumer product has these drawbacks.

Changing the battery should be easy and hassle-free for the user. Also, FAQ is not the right place. What is needed is to have a complete instruction manual.

This post is real and clear for your information and is only intended to improve the product for future users. If I had known about the battery related drawbacks and incomplete instructions, I would not have purchased this expensive product.

Thanks for your time.
#2 mopperle
Hmm, while pictures are always good for clarification, the instructions are IMHO quite clear and I never needed "special tools".
Gruß/regards

Otto
#3 Gunther
@Canonista: you could have just gently asked for help, if you had any specific problems instead of writing sort of a "rant" straight away.

As most people know, I'm constantly trying to improve my products, documentation etc. Yet i was not aware of any troubles with the existing documentation I provided about on how to exchange the button cell. In fact for most users it will last 3-4 years and yet everyone in need to, was able to exchange it quite easily. In the few cases where users had questions of course I has happy to help and we could sort them out. Just recently I had a 75 year old non tech savvy user that easily managed to exchange the cell with the existing docs.

The RTC including the battery is a standard industry circuit embedded in many consumer electronics. That's nothing I invented or where I have any influence on how long the battery lasts.

Since such a battery exchange only needs to happen every 3-4 years and is really easy to do, I decided to not make the housing any bigger and heavier by adding a battery compartment door or similar, but stay small and lean with the current way of doing it.

Anyway, with my goal of permanent improvement I've implemented your suggestion and moved the instructions on how to disassemble the timer and exchange the button cell battery from the FAQ to the manual and added some more images:
See: https://lrtimelapse.com/lrtpt/manual/#ex...er-battery

I hope that helps. If you have any specific questions, just let me know and I'll be here to help.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 Canonista
@Gunther: You have a lot of facility to qualify and judge me. Besides, I have not made any assessment of his person.

I remind you that about 1 year ago, Hendrik Zwart wrote in the forum: RTC not Running

I read what you answered to this user and since your answer did not resolve my doubts and concerns, I had to write a clear and real post. In this sense, this is the only evaluation, assessment and qualification that should be done here.

You should have written the manual with the instructions completely, with illustrations, as you have done now thanks to my direct and clear intervention on the product you sell.

Thanks for your time.
#5 Gunther
I'm glad you are happy with the instructions now.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: