• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRT won't open a folder of tiff files

#1 Renaud
Hello,

As I don't like very much the way Lightroom "develops" my raw files, I processed a bunch of Raws with Capture one (with the same basic edits to all of them), and exported them as Tiffs prior to processing them with LRT.
As LRT couldn't read directly the content of this folder, I then imported the pictures through LRT, which seemed to work fine... except that LRT won't read them either after that.

Here is a link to the screen capture :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1y61ieozm57q42...1.png?dl=0

and a link to the info of panel of one of these files :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xbkyvpphlh2j12...7.png?dl=0

Could you tell me what's happening there ?

Thanks for your help !
#2 Gunther
LRTimelapse doesn't support Tiff.
What you are trying to do, won't work and doesn't make sense.
The whole benefit of LRTimelapse is to be able to use the original Raw files and apply all settings - your developments and all adjustments alltogether to the raw material.

I think that you should also consider overthinking the "I don't like very much the way Lightroom develops my raw files".
It's not Lightroom. It's you. If your results don't look good, you need to learn how to get the desired look in Lightroom. Lightroom offers all the tools from very powerful and easy to use tools up to different camera profiles, luts, etc. You can do anything with Lightroom that you can with other tools. At the end you will get much better results when doing it the way it's meant to be done (for a reason) then trying to work around it.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Renaud
Ok Gunther, I see your point, thanks. I'll try again to get the desired look from within Lightroom.

But I have used Lightroom for years -I have *very* basics skills in C1- and I never found yet a way to get the pleasant (and accurate, much closer to what I saw when shooting) results I get with C1 no or few adjustments : color, sense of depth... The HDR and clarity tools in C1 are great in my opinion, especially for skies.

So the only way if I take this route (using an alternative raw converter for conversion and basic adjustments) is to export jpegs from it after and import them into LR, right ?
#4 Gunther
It won't help, because you can't really deflicker on a Jpg file basis because the jpgs (or tiffs) from C1 will already have all edits baked in.

If you want to try it by yourself, you can convert the tiff files to dng in Lightroom and then try to process them with LRTimelapse. But since the tiffs already will have contrast edits etc. baked in, LRTimelapse won't be able to do decent deflickering etc.

As I said: LRTimelapse will only be able to unleash its potential when you work with raw files.

Anyway... I wonder why so many pros work with Lightroom and get outstanding results...

... sent mobile ...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 Renaud
OK Gunther, understood, I go back to the main road
#6 Renaud
Thank for your answers.

...also check out: