• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRTimelapse and Adobe Premier CC (issue)

#1 AlistairC
Hello!

I have done a search and I see that this has been raised previously, but as I have a new highly-specced PC and an up-to-date version of Premier Pro CC I wish to see what it is I can do to fix this...

Basically, all of my timelapse sequences have been exported at 4K (heck, why not!) with the aim of being able to have the flexibillity with cropping/zooming etc in video editing software.

But it seems that Premier doesn't like these files and causes them to "jutter" and not play smoothly on the editing timeline. It's plainly an Adobe issue (they play perfectly outside of Premier), but what would you suggest I can do to these 4K files to get them to work properly? I don't want to have to re-process them (why should I?), but there must be a means of either reducing their file size or converting them to work well with Premier.

P.S - The files are all MP4

Thank you for your time,
Alistair.
#2 AlistairC
As an addition to this post, the only thing I can think of doing is to take the LRTimelapse MP4s in to Premier individually and re-export them as 1080p files (and then bring them back in to my project once converted)....do you think that's an ok work-around?
#3 Gunther
No. I guess, the bitrate of the original files from LRT is just to high for a smoth nle on your system.
First I'd try putting the source clips on the fastest drive you have. Configure the temp volumes in Premiere Too to use a fast SSD. You might want to try using or not using the Mercury Engine in Premiere. Unfortunately there are so many components that influence Premiere Pro's performance... But you'll find a lot of info, if you google for that.

In the next step (if this didn't get you going) I'd try to export in a bit lower quality (High, or Medium) from LRTimelapse. Another thing that could speed up the processing is "Force 16:9 Aspect Ratio". Then try again.

If this still doesn't help, lower the resolution. Export in 3K from LRT. It absolutely makes no sense, to convert the footage from LRT using premiere to a lower resolution, better export directly in that resolution.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: