• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRtimelapse VS Premiere (render) and recommended workflow for best results

#1 motiyairl
Hi guy's,
I read a lot of render a time-lapse movie and I have not reached to a conclusion.
Before I started using LRtimlapse I took my sequence of Jpeg's photos (Exported from Canon 5D mark 3 RAW in lightroom), to premiere and import them as sequence then I render the movie from there in 4K resolution at the end I receive an average of 150 -200 MB for 30 seconds' sequence.
Now that I use LRtimlapse I can render the movie from there in 4K for example UHD 4K Ultra high quality and receive a 3 + - Giga (that barely play in my very powerful 5K IMac). With this file then I go to primere add a music for example and render it from there in 4K resolution. And again, I receive an average of 150-200 MB for the same
30 seconds' sequence.
So, if I want a high quality time-lapse movie what should I do as a workflow?
And What is the benefits of rendering a move with LRtimlapse if in the end I get + - the same size of video file what indicating that the quality of the file is + - the same.
I Would love to hear what is your workflow, and how do you make sure that in the end you receive a high quality movie that actually works (and do not need a NASA computer to run it) ..

Best regards,
Moti
#2 Gunther
I'm wondering why you are opening up another thread regarding this. I've already commented in your first thread.
https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-ren...3#pid31253

It's normal that master files are bigger then the final output. Most people do some further editing on the master files in the post production stage and need the best quality. If you don't, just render in quality "medium" or "low" from LRT. Those will probably still be bigger then what you get as output from premiere.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 motiyairl
Thanks Gunther for your quick reply,
I'd opened a new thread because my question is general one so i thought it can stand alone. sorry about that..
But we I or somebody else need the master files from LRtimlapse and don't use the master pictures? it is possible to skip the LRtimelapse rendering process and from lightroom just export all the RAW's to Jpeg's and import them directly to primere as a sequence.. in that case i'm not working on master also?
I would love to hear more opinions to learn more about workflows..

Thanks for advance,
Moti
#4 Gunther
You could work with image sequences in Premiere too, but this will mostly be even slower. You can try it, just use the intermediary sequence that LRTExport exported (named LRT_*) - try working with that in Premiere. I've found that working on video files that are normally smaller then the sum of the exported images, especially when working with TIFF intermediaries.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: