• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What's the difference between LRTimelapse and GBDeflicker?

Lightbulb
#1 Gunther
LRTimelapse and GB-Deflicker work differently and are not directly comparable:
  • LRTimelapse does not only deflicker but as well allows you to "ramp" development values like exposure, wb, hsl etc. allowing you to use the whole depth of your source (RAW) image material.
  • LRTimelapse works directly on your RAW files, deflickering before the appliance of any further editing and enabling to use the whole depth of your RAW-Material.
  • LRTimelapse does not require you to render you images out inbetween. Instead you keep working with your RAW files until you output your final sequence in After Effects or Lightroom
  • LRTimelapse is donation-ware, GBDeflicker commercial software.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#2 Guernegor
Hi Gunther,

Don't shoot yourself a bullet in your foot: LRtimelapse is NOT free... It is a donationware!

;-)
#3 Gunther
You are certainly right. I made the point clearer ;-)
#4 ralden
(2011-03-01, 21:54)gwegner Wrote: LRTimelapse and GB-Deflicker work differently and are not directly comparable:
  • LRTimelapse does not only deflicker but as well allows you to "ramp" development values like exposure, wb, hsl etc. allowing you to use the whole depth of your source (RAW) image material.
  • GBDeflicker deflickers rendered video files and does a very good job, LRTimelapse works based on your RAW/original files and thus has access to much more image details before compression "flattens" the images and adds artefacts. Using it right you can get similar deflickering results.
  • LRTimelapse is donation-ware, GBDeflicker commercial software.

#5 ralden
Hello Gunther,
I am looking forward to learning LRTimelapse. I have used GB Deflicker a few times and I am confused your describing it as deflickering "rendered video files." It actually will only take sequences of still images. Here is an excerpt from the GB Deflicker User's Manual:
GBDeflickerApp is a Windows application that removes time-lapse flicker.
GBDeflickerApp processes all images in a folder and writes the deflickered images to a new folder. It can process files with the following formats: JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG, and TIFF.
GBDeflicker does not make a time-lapse movie; it processes a sequence of image files. To make a movie from those images you need other software such as Quicktime Pro, Premiere Elements, Adobe After Effects, or Adobe Premiere.
#6 Gunther
Thank you for the correction. I changed the original post trying to clarify what I wanted to say: LRTimelapse allows a RAW-file only workflow without the need to export any intermediate images. Basically you only need your RAW files and LRTimelapse will make the whole deflickering and ramping of development parameters. Based on that you can import your RAW-sequence to AfterEffects or you can export your Video directly from Lightroom.

...also check out: