• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

milky way timelapse on star tracker w/ different oriented images

#11 jibber
Yeah all good here too, Gunther. I do appreciate your hard work and definitely understand the frustration! Will update and check the bug list more closely. Honestly, I never would have guessed I'd run into something that was just fixed. LRT is great!
#12 thewoj
Hey Gunther,

Figured I would just continue this thread as I am having the exact same issue. Had a Nikon Z5 on a star tracker, image orientations come in as either 6, 8, or 1 depending on how the camera was hanging. I try to change the value (to 1), fill downwards, save but whenever I Reload (either the program or the button) the values go back to their original recorded value. Same thing happens if I change rotation in Bridge or Lightroom, whenever LRTimelapse refreshes the rotations go back to original. This is occurring on version 6.0.6.

Thanks,
Greg
#13 Gunther
Hi Greg,
please try clearing all metadata for that sequence (Metadata / Clear Metadata).
Then reinitialize, fill down the orientations and hit "Shift Save" to force save.
Now change to another sequences and come back to this one, see if that helps.
If not, please send me a short sample sequence which includes the changing Rotations (a couple of images only where I can reproduce this). Put them in a zip archive and send via https://fromsmash.com/ to support@lrtimelapse.com
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#14 thewoj
Hey Gunther,

I quarantined 4 images to a test folder without XMP, and tried the steps above and the issue persisted. I did add a step of changing the first image to an orientation of 1 before filling down, but I also tried leaving the 8 value and filling down. Both times, it returned to the original orientations for the images.

I have sent over a package of 4 successive images, 2 in 8 orientation and 2 in 1 orientation. Please let me know if I can provide any more information.

Thanks,
Greg
#15 Gunther
Thanks, I will check it out asap.
#16 Gunther
Thanks again for providing the samples. I could reproduce the issue here and already fix it.
It will be fixed in version 6.1 which I'm planning to release in the next days. Thanks again for your help figuring it out.
#17 thewoj
Hey Gunther,

Thank you for quickly tracking down the problem and fixing it!

Thanks,
Greg
#18 Gunther
Please download and try LRTimelapse 6.1 which is now available and should fix this: https://lrtimelapse.com/download/
let me know!

...also check out: