• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New (cheap) Android phone. qDslrDashboard interfering with camera triggering

#1 paulwilliamz
I haven't had to shoot Holy Grail for a while and I used to, successfully, with qDslrDashboard on my iPhone. I recently bought a cheap Android phone for this, and other film control apps, but I've hit a snag! I'm sure it's just me, finger trouble or I'm missing something, but here's what happens:

- My LRT Pro3 and my Pro2.5 both happily fire my Z7 as per usual.
- qDslrDashboard, on the new Android phone, connects to the Z7 via WiFi, allows me to Capture an image, allows me to change settings.
- As soon as I start a timelapse from the LRT Pro, it stops the camera firing. The LRT Pro counts down, cycles, counts down etc. but doesn't fire the camera?
- Each time the camera is supposed to fire, I get a message 'Connected to Smart Device' on the screen.

I am using qDslrDashboard V3.6.8 arm

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
#2 Gunther
Basically these are the steps to do:
- Turn off the mobile data on the phone
- Set the camera to M-Mode, turn off Auto-ISO and Set the Quality to RAW+JPG (Basic/Small)
- Make sure you are in Photo (not Video) mode.
- Turn on WiFi on the camera (Wifi-Connection -> ON)
- Find the WiFi access point and connect to it. User the password that is displayed on the camera monitor
- Open qDDB, click on the "Nikon" Button. Connection should happen and the main screen of qDDB appear.
- Now click on the "LRT" button.
- Hit "Capture Sample" - this should give you a preview.
- Now activate "Display next JPG" and release the camera manually. This should also give you a new preview.

If all of this works, you are ready to go.
Connect the LRT PRO Timer and set up a timelapse in Timelapse-M mode.

Remember, that unless in auto holy grail, you will only get a new preview, when you activate "Display next jpg". If you long press the button, you can lock it in order for it to stay feeding the previews .

I hope this helps!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 paulwilliamz
All of that I had done but it still wasn't working. So I went into settings on qDDB and turned off a couple more things that had been turned on by accident - and it started working! The touch screen on my phone is not great and I have difficulty navigating qDDB.
For reference, the only items on in qDDB settings are:
- Show capture history after capture
- Use Nikon high speed transfer

Thanks for your help though Gunther.
#4 Gunther
Glad you got it going. Of course, when I explain something I expect people to have the default settings set.
You can change the UI zoom level in qDDB in the settings to acomodate your screen size.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: