• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pro Timer 2.5 not working with qDslrDashboard !

#1 frankr2
I have a new Canon EOS RP (ver. 1.4.0) mounted with a Pro 2.5 Tmier (fw 2.5 r21)! I loaded qdslrdashboard (V 3.5.9) on an Samsung SM-g 920V (Ver 7.0) and a new Iphone SE 2020 to compare android to IOS devices.

I must be missing something because the problem i am having is the that the Pro timer is not working when the qdslrdashboard is connected to the camera via WiFi. The Pro timer works fine on the Canon without using qdsldashboard, then I connect up using WiFi and I am able to capture samples from the qdslrdashboard and the camera responds normally. When I turn on the holy grail and activate the timer, the camera does not respond to the timer. I can make adjustments to the camera via qdslrdashboard and the settings change on the camera's screen and qdslrdashbord screen but the Pro Timer does not start the shutter release. I have adjusted the Release time as suggested to sync the camera to the Pro timer (its at 400 now) and it works good with the camera. The auto focus time on the timer has been left at its original setting of 100. I have tried using the Android phone and the IOS phone and both have done the same thing.

Thank you for your help!
#2 Gunther
Obviously your camera is blocking the remote release while connected via WiFi / to qDDB. This is neither a problem of the LRT Pro Timer nor does this belong in the "LRTimelapse Bug reports" forum. That's why I moved it here.

I'm not even sure, if the Canon RP is already fully supported by qDslrDashboard yet. You should ask the developer of qDDB first via http://dslrdashboard.info
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: