• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Problem with LRT Pro Timer 2.5

#1 garfield72
Hello, I recently bought the LRT and on my second use I had a problem. The shots were taken well then were taken randomly even if on the display it worked. I stopped the LRT then restarted and same problem. I had to finish my timelapse with my standard intervalometer. An idea of the problem?
Parameters: Interval 5 sec shutter 2 sec LRT battery 50% outside temp -3 ° C
Attached photos of the intervals
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
You might have had Autofocus turned on at the camera, in that case releasing might also eventually fail. Make sure that Autofokus is always off.
If this was not the issue, it seems that the camera is not accepting every release. The cable might not have been plugged in correctly (double check that). If that's also not the case, try increasing the release-time in the settings a bit (add 50ms). Then try again.

You wrote that you used a shutter time of 2 secs - but I don't see this in the table. If you used any mode of the timer where you can dial in an Exposure and set that to 2 secs in the timer and additionally an exposure on the camera it's no wonder that it's not working. Make sure to operate the LRT Pro Timer in "Timelapse M" mode where you don't set an exposure. The exposure will only be set on the camera.

Also: check that you have not set any delay or mirror up on the camera. Set the camera to "single shot" (not continuous).

Important: do some tests at home - make sure everything is working before going out for the next shooting. This is definitely something with your setup that you should be able to sort out with these tips.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 garfield72
The autofocus was of course off. I have already done with this camera (canon 850D) a Holygrail timelapse with an interval of 4 sec without problem. On the first image, we see 2 sec then 1.6 sec (Holygrail timelapse). I was in "Timelapse M" mode and no delay, "single shot".
From picture N ° 38 to picture N ° 281 everything worked fine.
I will do some tests at home by checking the cables and then modifying the release-time.
Thanks

...also check out: