• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Problems: de-flicker, failed render

#1 BlackSands
I'm processing a couple of sequences that have inherent flicker issues so I am obviously processing them with de-flicker workflow. I can see on the LRT preview that the curve is being smoothed and all the exposure bumps cancelled. Interestingly I can VISUALLY see the flicker still present in LRT preview though as I scroll through the frames. Is this normal? I would expect the preview to show the effects of de-flicker?

Anyway, I save the XMP - and return to LR5 where I then load the metadata into the entire sequence. I then export to .JPG

However the problem is each time the final rendered result is always full of flicker. I've repeated the process applying more aggressive de-flicker with the slider further right... but same outcome.

I know there's no issue with workflow as other sequences de-flicker without problem.

I then notice you have some notes about a two-pass process to deal with challenging flicker issues, however, out of curiosity I instead ran the same LRT intermediary .JPGs through VirtualDUB with one of their de-flicker filters and the result is near perfect.

So, it seems for these situations passing the job onto VirtualDUB is quick and effective... or perhaps I am missing something in LRT de-flicker useage?

A second issue that occurs *sometimes* is failed renders. The resultant MP4 is only a few frames long it seems. This seems to occur on certain sequences. I have repeatedly re-initialised, started over from the beginning but still each time results in the same problem. As a test I also used those LRT intermediary .JPG's in VirtualDub and all is fine there so it seems the JPG's are OK. So, I'm very puzzled by this problem!

Maybe you have some ideas?
#2 Gunther
Just try to rebuild the previews in LRT with Shift-F5 - maybe something went wrong there.
You will not see a visual preview in LRTimelapse. You have to read metadata in LR Maybe something along the process went wrong. You want might to check my deflicker tutorial as well in the tutorials section.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: