• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Problems with auto-transition in HG

#1 keithstubbs
Hi Gunther,

Love your software, but I'm having an inconsistent problem with the auto-transition in HG workflow, much like this thread here.

After the following steps the auto-transition overwrites all settings apart from exposure on most of the images in my sequence:
- Initialize - Key frames wizard - HG wizard - save (read meta data and check results in LR) - create other keyframes (4 in one case, 8 in another) - save - read meta data in LR and edit 4* keyframes - reload in LRT - auto transition (check curves in preview and all ok) - save - read meta data in LR ..... here is where I lose the previous applied settings in the highlighted step above.

Interestingly, it doesn't affect all the 4* keyframes - the last one in the sequence is always fine and any images between the second last 4* keyframes and the last one, are always adjusted as per the auto transition. All the other 4* keyframes are back to original except the exposure.

Also, this doesn't happen every time - about half of the sequences I've created so far, the other half have been great, but I can't understand what changes.

Please help if you can.

Thanks.
#2 Gunther
There might be some inconsistencies. Mostly you didn't save the Keyframes while being in Grid-View (G) in Lightroom. From the develop Module Lightroom wil only save the most selected image, not the other selected keyframes.
Just make sure to do all operations in Lightroom, that affect multiple images from the in Grid-View.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 keithstubbs
Ah yes, that makes sense. I didn't realise LR saved differently in different views. Thanks for your help.
transition
fangioli
2015-11-06, 11:24
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: