• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

qdslrdashboard crash on 600D USB connection external battery

#1 AKamal
Hi,

First of all, I am a huge fan of Gunther and Zoltan. Thanks to their hard work I get to enjoy this amazing hobby.

The app Qdslrdashbaord is working fine on my RealMe 3 (Android Phone). I have successfully paired and used 600D (USB) and wirelessly with 80D without any trouble or crash for short sequences (50 images as a test). However, the app has started to fail when I use an external Lipo battery + voltage regulator + dummy battery with 600D. 80D works fine in this setup but with a wifi connection.

Basically, I have made a motorized slider and I use a single 3S 5Ah battery to power everything up, including the camera. There is a 5A step-down buck convertor(XL 4015) that is set to give 7.4V to power 600D. The app/LRtimelapse plugin crashes after just a couple of pictures (it tries to reconnect but crashes again). If I use an internal battery I don't face this problem. I can carry on using an internal battery but I wanted to have a system that is powered by a single battery and has really long battery life.

So, my question is there anything that I can change with my power setup that can remove this problem. A solution like an electrolytic capacitor or a snubber circuit?

Peace
#2 Gunther
I can only imagine that the camera doesn't get enough power and then breaks the connection to USB/Wifi.
There is a quite smart solution for powering cameras via USB from a USB-PD Powerbank, you might want to check it out:
https://blackforestmotion.com/product/qc...ck-camera/
That's what I use.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: