• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Question about time intervals

#1 juanbest
what is the recommended interval for shooting ripening fruit? there are two situations: the fruit ripening itself and when you make a fresh cut, for example an apple in the middle, the browning of the fresh cut is much faster than the first case.
Can anyone give me a hint?

Another question is during sunrise. shooting with a 300mm in full frame, what would be an appropiate time interval between picures in order to get a smooth transition? taking into account that with a long focal the arc speed of the sun could be high. I can make trial and error but every trial is another day job....

Thank you in advance !!!
#2 Gunther
In my ebook I recommend the folllowing procedure to find out the right interval: take two pictures with the interval that you think could work, wischt back and forth on the camera display. If you see no difference at all, the interval might be too short. If you see a noticeable difference, it might be too long. The difference should be subtile but visible. Check this out on timelapses that worked for you in the past to get a feeling how the difference between two images should look like.
You'll find this and many other useful tipps in my comprehensive EBook: https://lrtimelapse.com/buy/ebook/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 c_joerg
Quote:Another question is during sunrise. shooting with a 300mm in full frame, what would be an appropiate time interval between picures in order to get a smooth transition?
For the focal length I always use intervals of 1.5 to 2.5s.
Here is an example
https://youtu.be/Cljd3Lzi21M
#4 juanbest
thanks!!!
#5 juanbest
Thank you for your reply. I already have the ebook of 2015. Is there any discount or free upgrade for this new version?
#6 Gunther
No, sorry. It's a completely new ebook with 3 times the pages. And I'm fully convinced, it's worth it! :-)
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: