• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Images go really dark when Visual Previews are created

#1 Jeremy2
My images go really dark (then too bright toward the end) when Visual Previews are created. I've never had this issue previously so I'm really confused. I'm using a new Nikon camera but I can't see how that would have an effect. The files are dark when I drop them into Lightroom (I'm guessing this is because the camera profile is different) but I "reset" them in Lightroom (then save metadata) and they look perfect, just like when I shot them. I then make my adjustments like normal in Lightroom, save keyframe metadata as usual, reload, Auto Transition, then when I press Visual Previews the sequence created looks nothing like the images I shot or edited. Please help.
#2 Gunther
That happens if you use the holy grail wizard and forget to use the rotate button to bring the curve close to the horizontal line.
Please remove the sequence from Lightroom, then do "Metadata / Initialize" in LRTimelapse and start over. Remember to use the rotate slider.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Jeremy2
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, much appreciated. I did what you suggested but it is still happening, although a little less dark than before. I've taken some screen grabs I could send you that show more clearly what is happening. What is the best way of getting these to you?
#4 Gunther
You can either attach them here (click on "Reply" then "Post Options" at the bottom.
Or you can send them via https://fromsmash.com/ or wetransfer to support(at)lrtimelapse.com
#5 Jeremy2
Cool. See screen grabs attached. The image in Lightroom is how it should look and the darker version in LRTimelapse is what it appears like after Visual Previews are created. See other image shows the curve. I think the issue may have something to do with the "profile" of the images being different in camera, and when corrected in LR it does something weird. Would be great to get your thoughts on this. Thanks again. Jeremy
#6 Gunther
Sorry, I don't see any attachments...
#7 Jeremy2
Sorry about that, here they are.
Thanks.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#8 Gunther
That's because of the shape of the orange compensation curve. Where it's below the horizontal line, it will make images darker, above it will make images brighter. If you can't get it closer to the horizontal line with the two sliders in the holy grail wizard, you will have to compensate the brightness while editing the keyframes in Lightroom for example via the exposure slider.

If you shoot the holy grail more evenly next time, the orange curve will need to compensate less and more equally.

...also check out: