• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to ensure compatibility with iphone

#1 lrtusername
I have greatly enjoyed using lrtimelapse since I bought it a few days ago, everything is perfect and the timelapses are so smooth. However, I am having trouble getting the timelapses from my windows 10 desktop to other devices via google drive.

I followed several tutorials online and ended up exporting from lrtimelapse using both the 1080p and the "3k" for different timelapses. They play perfectly on my desktop and they also play in Google Drive. But they will not download to my iPhone or a different computer from Google Drive and I get an alert warning of incompatible codec. Here is the exact error message: "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

A different timelapse I made in my camera without lrtimelapse will download normally and it is almost double the size, so it is not a size issue. Surely I am making a mistake somewhere in the export settings, but I really do not understand codecs very well. Any thoughts?

Note: for the in camera timelapse I just made a small edit in Adobe Premiere and it works perfectly across all platforms. So maybe I should go through Premiere? But surely there should be a way to not need to go through Premiere?
#2 Gunther
I'm sorry, I have no iPhone here to test. Please try downgrading LRTimelapse to 4.7.1 (still on the download page) and try with the MP4 files that that version produces. (I've changed the renderer to support a wider color gamut after 4.7.1 - maybe the iPhone cannot handle this).
Let me know, if so, I might provide a "legacy" rendering option in the next update.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 MMeier
Hi, have you tried getting your timelapse through iTunes on your iPhone? I just tried it with two timelapses one in 1080 and one in 4K, both work on my iPhone. Both have been rendered with LRTimelapse 4.7.4. I have never tried google drive.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Big Grin
#4 lrtusername
The issue seems to be when I followed a tutorial that exported using custom settings via adobe media encoder - so it was probably an error on my end. I followed a different tutorial and simply used the built in export settings and not it works perfectly with google drive and iPhone !

...also check out: