• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sky flicker issue?[Canon 6d+qDslrdashboard+LR+LRT]

#1 Willyao814
Hi guys,
Long time no see timelapsers! It's been quite a while since i last visited here, glad to see everything is doing great!

Today i was shooting a simple timelapse sequence from my balcony, it was a typical day to night shot with qDslrdashboard tethering to my Canon 6D via wifi, using auto holy grail, everything looked perfect from the LCD. 

HOWEVER after going through the LRT holy-grail process with some LR post production work i found some very annoying sky flicker occured in some of the frames. I thought it might be the fact of over-post productioning introduced by those non-linear sliders in LR, so i reduced quite an amount of adjustment, the problem still occur.

I've included 3 screenshots of my adjustments, the middle one shows a slightly darker sky area compared to its neighbors but very noticable when video's being played, especially when it repeats itselfs several time.

below is photo 1, normal frame

photo 2, middle sky area significantly darker than its neighbors, other area is good

down below is photo 3, shows a brighter sky than photo 2 and equals to photo 1

closer look [not really noticable in those images]

What am i doing wrong, i didn't over expose the orignal image, and it shows absolutely no difference in brightness with those raw images.
I'm confused, please help =(
#2 Gunther
Hard to say. Try leaving clarity and dehaze off - maybe it's Lightroom introducing this.
Also try setting the reference area for deflicker to the sky and then apply visual deflicker and probably a refining step, see if that helps.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Willyao814
Hey, thanks for the quick reply!
I'll try more settings and find out which slider in LR creates the sky flicker issue. In the mean time, i really wish there could be a raw developing software just for our timelapsers, that would be a gospel.
Cheers!

...also check out: