• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

slight frame movement or 'drift' in Timelapse render

#1 skiptime
hi there
I seem to have a consistent 'drift' or frame movement during Timelapses. It's very subtle but clear. It seems to happen around bigger changes in contrast during a Timelapse and moves 'there and back' (rather than in just one direction). My guess this has something to do with the deflicker algorithm. Any thoughts?
by the way, this is definitely not camera movement as the movement is too smooth and also the 'there and back' nature of the movement means it can't be camera movement.
thanks.
Simon
#2 c_joerg
IBIS or IS on?
#3 skiptime
good question. IS was off. (but now you are making me doubt myself -- that would be so frustrating).
#4 c_joerg
The information should be in the EXIF Data
#5 skiptime
Thanks. In EXIF Data it says "Image stabilisation: Panning". No idea what that is! I am next to certain I turned off IS (it's a pretty big control on the lens, and Canons do not have IBIS).
#6 c_joerg
R6, R7, R3 and R5 have IBIS.
Wich cam and Lens you are use? And Mode?
#7 skiptime
Using Canon 80D and that Timelapse was shot with EF 50mm f/1.8 STM. Mode was manual (Timelapse was using holy grail - qSLR dashboard, and LRT pro timer).
#8 c_joerg
EF 50mm f/1.8 STM has no IS Wink
Fokus on can shift as well...
#9 skiptime
ha ha. Good to learn that (!) -- camera is not in front of me. So one thing is I did not have automatic focus on. So what's causing this problem? You are definitely thinking it's something in-camera and not something happening in LRT processing. Right? (thanks for your help).
#10 c_joerg
Not sure what that means "Image stabilisation: Panning".
Do you use Crop in LR? Maybe not syncronised...
Provide one Image with full EXIF.

...also check out: