• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Something is wrong with Holy Grail Wizard

#1 DenisPac
Hello Gunther,

After using LRT a few times in free version, I'm happy to switch to the private version to support your great work :-)

This time I have an issue when using Holy Grail Wizard.
As you can see in attached screenshot, the wizard doesn't show the correction curve as expected.

Note that I had to restart the process several times due to previously bad results.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Denis

PS : By the way I just want to also raise a small typo in the interface. The upper slider of Holy Grail Wizard should be "Rotation" instead of "Rotatation" as it is currently (in French).
#2 Gunther
Hi Denis, unfortunately there is no screenshot attached.
Could you please try starting over with "Metadata / Initialize". Then see if the problem happens again.
Also check for corrupted images in the sequence (such without any value in the "Lum" column might make the HG WIzard fail.
If the problems persist, please attach a screenshot - you can also send me the log file (info menu / show log) after the problem happens and attach the screenshot to that email.

PS: The typo will be fixed in the next update. Thx!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 DenisPac
Hi Gunther,

Here is the attachment. Sorry I didn't add it :-).

All "Lum" are present.
I did already erase the metadata in a previous process.
But I can try again.

Thank you!

Denis
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

.zip   LRT log.zip (Size: 5.6 KB / Downloads: 1)
#4 DenisPac
Hi Gunther,

I made another test with a brand new sequence of images and I got the same behaviour: Holly Grail Wizard doesn't show the correction curve. See attached screenshot.
As a hint, note that I'm always geotagging my images using GeoSetter right after copying them in my work folder, and prior any other process, including LRTimelapse.

I already noticed that the exiftool version used by LRTimelapse is a bit older than the one used by GeoSetter 11.38 vs 11.93). I don't know if that make any difference.
I'm also wondering whether I can point to a single version for both software that I can keep up to date.

Kind Regards,

Denis
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#5 DenisPac
Hi Gunther,

I've followed your recommendations with the first serie of images.
I initialized all metadata, then selected a few Key-images, then selected the HG Wizard.
I don't see any missing Lum.
At the end I got the same behaviour.
You can see attached a screenshot and the logs.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Denis
Attached Files

.zip   LRT screenshot 3.zip (Size: 616.96 KB / Downloads: 2)
.zip   LRT log 3.zip (Size: 28.48 KB / Downloads: 4)
#6 Gunther
Hi Denis,
you are getting problems becuase you ignored the warning from LRTimelapse about special characters in your path name.
Please rename the sequence, remove the "é" from "Séries". There is a lot of errors about this in the log file.
After that you shold be good to go. Make sure to remove the sequence from Lightroom also and reimport it then with the new name.
Best
Gunther
#7 DenisPac
Hi Gunther,

I confirm that after removing "é" character, the HG Wizard works again. Thank you!
However I'm surprised that such characters with diacritic mark are seen as special characters, and are not supported for some feature in LRT.
When LRT warned about this issue, I actually didn't understand what was wrong.
Nowadays software support paths in UTF-8 with no problem.
Is there any technical reason about that?

Many thanks anyway for your support!

Kind Regards,

Denis
#8 Gunther
Adobe DNG Converter doesn't support special characters and that's where the whole chain breaks. I've been asking Adobe to support this for months now, but they didn't listen yet.
#9 DenisPac
Hi Gunther,

OK I better understand, even though I didn't notice DNG Converter was called at this time of HG Wizard.
Thank you again and have aa nice day!

Kind Regards,

Denis

PS: I saw a few minor problems that I will consolidate in a separate thread later on.

...also check out: