• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 bmoo
Any one has experience with the Sony a6600? Can it be controlled by the LRT Pro Timer? It is not mentionned in the forum. The 6600 has the Sony Multi-micro usb connector. Thanks.
#2 Gunther
It should be no problem to trigger it with the LRT PRO timer vía the Sony release cable.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 bmoo
Hello Gunther,
Thanks for your quick answer.
I am actually looking for a small-light setup for timelapses that can work with your Pro Timer, besides carrying my bigger video tools for remote field shooting. First options could be the a6600 and better the a7c.
But I see on your "cables page" that the "…Sony A7C don’t feature such a port (multiport), that means the LRT PRO Timer unfortunately cannot be used with those cameras".
This is what I see on Sony's specs:
a6600: PC Interface, Mass-storage, MTP, PC remote, Multi/Micro USB Terminal
a7c: PC Interface Mass-storage / MTP, Multi/Micro USB Terminal USB Type-C SuperSpeed USB 5 Gbps (USB 3.2) compatible
As for the a7c, the "PC remote" is included in the Functions section: … Remote control via Smartphone, PC Remote, …
Is it a connector incompatibility, even if both have the Multi/Micro USB Terminal?
Quite puzzled by this.
Thanks for your help.
Christian
#4 Gunther
AFAIK A7C has an USB-C port, that doesn't include the analogue shutter release that is required for the adapter.
The older modified Micro-USB by Sony is a combination of USB and analogue shutter release, therefore you get those release cables.

I don't know, if Sony included an option for analogue release in their usb-C implementation, but yet there seem to be no cable available (it would need to be USB-C to 2.5mm TRS), that's why I think it's not possible.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 bmoo
Gunther,
Thank you for the explanation. Too bad for the a7c.
Then, unless I am mistaken, the problem will be the same with the new a7IV (according to the published specs). Strange, isn't it?
My best regards
Christian

...also check out: