• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sony RAW support (NEX-5)

#1 tjswe
Hi!

Im having trouble getting Sony RAW files to work in LRTimelapse. I can see the corresponding xmp file with the .arw file but when loading the directory in LRTimepalse nothing seems to be read from the files (and no preview).

Is it a bug or a feature? I see a similar question in the german part of the forum but no answer.

If you need a raw file i will gladly send one over!
#2 Gunther
please send one of the files to support(at)lrtimelapse(dot)com. I will see what I can do...

Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Gunther
Thomas, you can use LRTimelapse, everything will work except that no previews will be loaded from your RAW files.

If you follow this workflow you will get great results:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-work...-supported

Best
Gunther
#4 tjswe
Ok, will try that!

Thanks!

If you have reviewed the .raw file i sent, would full support of Sony RAW be possible in the future?

(2011-07-13, 22:52)gwegner Wrote: Thomas, you can use LRTimelapse, everything will work except that no previews will be loaded from your RAW files.

If you follow this workflow you will get great results:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-work...-supported

Best
Gunther

#5 Gunther
Unfortunately the RAW-library I use does not support it. Maybe I will find another way but I can't make any promises.
#6 lemur
Gunther,
it would be really nice, if you can support sony-arw files.
i hope you find a (better) solution for us :-)
#7 irieger
I'd also be happy to have support for arw files. Exporting to JPG (also with best JPG settings) means quality loss.

Another question maybe related to this: Is LR-Timelapse generally not looking at the aperture and the exposure time (when doing sundown timelapses I have to correct the exposure time manually to keep the images usable) or is this related to the point, that it isn't arw-aware?
I'm wondering about that because IPCT/EXIF data should be standardized and readable without knowing the exact file format especially when I write the metadata to xmp files or am I wrong?
#8 Gunther
The workflow doesn't require that LRTimelapse looks at the Exif-data.
The problem with the Sony files is not the Metadata (Exif/XMP) its loading the previews from the raw. But I can say, that I'm thinking about a solution without making any promises.
#9 u454112
I tried to deflicker my Sony NEX-5N RAW files with Lightroom and Bridge work follows many times without any luck. Dose anyone know the best work follow for Sony ARW? Or LRTimelapse just does not support it?

I work on Mac with Lightroom 4, Bridge and AE CS5.5.

Thank you for advising.
#10 Gunther
This is a real old thread. Sony RAW files work since a long time.

Maybe there is another problem in your workflow. Could you describe what you think isn't working?

If you want, you can send me one of your files as well, just to confirm they are supported: support(at)lrtimelapse(dot)com

...also check out: