• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRTimelapse stops loading, memory issues!

#11 Phil Hart
(2012-01-18, 02:26)gwegner Wrote:
Quote:I have version 1.6.1. I don't see userdir/.lrtimelapse only userdir/LRTimelapse. In the LRTimelapse I see a .props but no parameters related to previewWidth and perviewHeight. Is this the correct file? Should I just add the parameters to the end of the file?
Yes that's the right file. The name of the folder changed as of 1.6 (see releasenotes). You can add those parameters if you want.

Best,
Gunther

This certainly helped me. I'm working on a folder with 2000+ files on a netbook machine with 4GB RAM. Cutting the preview size by half has made a big difference to the stability of LR Timelapse. Previously it could not get through generating the previews for the folder, now it works much better.

The preview window remains the same size but is very pixelated which is the only indication that the size change has been implemented.

Phil
#12 Gunther
As of version 1.7 these settings will be found in the preferences dialog.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#13 Fabian
Hi Gunther!

First of all, thank you for providing us with not only such an awesome piece of software but also for being there to help out with the issues we encounter!

I am having the same problem. It suddenly stops loading the previews. I am trying to load a total of 3700 raw images, it stops at about 3100. I have 8gb of ram installed on my windows machine and there's obviously some left according to the task manager.
I tried lowering the height and width in the settings dialog under settings and am now down to 75x50. I really want this to work especially because this is a rather smaller amount of images for this timelapse and i have some bigger projects ahead of me.

Fabian

#14 Gunther
Hi Fabian, in such cases you will have to provide even more memory to the virtual machine. For that launch LRTimelapse with the CMD file provided in the Program-Folder. Unfortunately in the 1.8 Package the CMD is not working quite well, so here is an updated version, please replace it: http://goo.gl/VtvCl

Edit the file first and set the parameter memory_usage_max to a value as high as your system can provide memory, maybe you will have to try out some values.

#15 krowgoth
Hey Gunther, I found that in order to use a large Java heap size, I have to use the 64-bit JRE. In your batch file, maybe you could add an additional option to detect / use 64-bit?

I do the following:
Code:
set memory_usage_max=4g

IF "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%"=="AMD64" SET prog_path=C:\Program Files

I can now load default size thumbnails for around 2700 images without breaking a sweat!
#16 Gunther
Hi, yes, that's the reason I always recommend to install the 64bit JRE on 64bit systems.
Why don't you launch via the Exe file?

...also check out: