• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Time-lapse with electronic shutter

#1 Allen77photo
I'm hoping to use my A7r3 and s3 for shooting astro time-lapse with electronic shutter. I've done some tests so far with 15sec exposures at 8 second intervals which seem to come together fairly nice, but what I can't seem to make happen in my area is getting a star trail (meteor) or plane to go through the frame yet. I'm wondering if shooting with the electronic shutter will cause any rolling shutter issues if I do get any of these trails into the frame. Anyone have any experience or theory on this subject they can share?

Thanks Smile
#2 Gunther
I wouldn't worry too much. Both works. You can use mechanical shutter without needing to worry any wear and tear and you could also use the electronic shutter. Even if some movement would be so fast to cause a rolling shutter effect, it would play back so fast that you won't see it. Apart from that, usually meteorids don't appear so fast and I don't think it will be an issue at all even for single images.

Sent mobile...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 c_joerg
Does Sony has an reduction from 14 to 12 Bits in RAW when using electronic shutter like Canon?
#4 Allen77photo
Only if shooting continuous.

...also check out: