• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Long Term Drone Hyper Lapse Image Aligning

#1 gavin1f4
Hi,

I am trying to figure out the best way to align the images after doing a long term hyper lapse. I will be flying the same waypoint mission once a week for the duration of the project. The flight path is an orbit around the construction sight. My idea was to then take images from each flight and then combine them into once sequence. For instance images 1-10 from the first flight and images 11-20 from the second flight and so on. What is the best way to batch align images? I know photoshop can align 2 images well but I need to do a batch process. The problem is when I transition from image 10 from flight 1 to image 11 from flight 2. I have to align Image 11 (flight 2) to Image 11 (flight 1) and align Image 12 (flight 1) to image 12 (flight 2) and so on. I do know that I can do frame by frame in after effects using tracker. Does anyone have any suggestions on best workflow for this? I am also considering using a drone with RTK for accurate GPS but I am sure I will still have to do some aligning but not as much.

Thanks!

...also check out: