• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Timelapse Holy grail Solution for the Sony A7 IV "Sony ILCE-7M4“

#1 home.pilot
Hi

I am looking for a Timelapse "Holy grail" Solution for the Sony A7 IV because „qdslrdashbord“ and Timelpse+View
seem not to work yet. Is there another program or APP that works with the Sony A7 IV?

Last year I tried APP „qdslrdashbord" on a android Smartphone together with the Nikon D750 and
It worked fine. Now I sold the Nikon last week and got Sony A7 IV.

I tried the Android APP „qdslrdashbord“ ( 3.6.8 ) together with the Sony Camera. I turned on the Direct Wifi on the Sony A7 IV and connected
the Smartphone to the Camera Wifi. Then I opened qDslrDashboard und pushed the Sony Button, it says "
Found Sony SonyImagingDevice wireless camera, can't connect"

I tried the Mac Deskop version of „qdslrdashbord“ via USB-C to USB-C connection.
The Live view worked here, I saw the camera live image on the laptop but the other
buttons functions did not work. I mention this because it seems possible to "read out" the Liveview.

Than I found Timelapse+ VIEW intervalometer, but the Sony A7 IV is not on their Camera compatibility list.
I wrote the developer, and he wrote me back, that the VIEW intervalometer supports the Sony A7R IV,
but not the Sony A7 IV.

Thanks for help!
Erik
#2 Gunther
The probem seems to be that Sony doesn't publish any documentation about the API interfaces. I know from Zoltan (qDDB Developer) that he has a hard time to implement support for the latest Sonys. But if you want to know more details, you need to contact him.
Another solution might be the Unleashed from Foolography, but I don't know, if it supports your camera either. Please check that on their website.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Ulli
Shoot in A-Mode with ISO Auto-min-VS and process with LRTimelapse. With some tries how the metering reacts to night situations and so on this should work quite nice. Some underexposure isn't a huge problem with the modern iso-invariant sensors with the possibility to push in post. Flickering - if present - can easily be fixed with LRTimelapse. More reliable than the Timelpse+View which I never used anymore since switching from Canon to Sony (A7s(III), A7rIII)
#4 home.pilot
@Gunther: Thanks for your tipp with "Unleashed" from Foolography.
I saw a YT video from "Emeric's Timelapse" and "ordered" an "Unleashed-22" device via Indiegogo, now also supporting Sony Cameras. Delivery is planed for December 2022.
This seams a "state of the art" solution - hopefully ...
#5 Cinema Ninja
You ever experience this glitch on your sony cameras with the built in intervalometer?

https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-aut...rvalometer

Are you using and external intervleometer for your auto timelapses? It just sucks to have to deal with the flicker that happens with the external interval timer. For one the lens aperature does not get locked down like it does with the internal one and two there is just more flicker in general without the internal app and its AEL low/med/high option.

...also check out: