• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Auto ISO Glitch with Sony mirrorless cameras and built in intervalometer.

#1 Cinema Ninja
Greetings,

Wondering if any of you have experienced the glitch I am having with all my A7rIII and A7sIII. When have the camera set to auto ISO the camera does not go above 800 ISO when its triggered with the internal time lapse function. When I physically press the shutter the auto iso preforms how it should and goes above 800 to whatever I have it limited too.

This glitch is so frustrating because the sony camera would literally do perfect day to night night to day timelapses if this was working properly.

Anybody else experience this? If so any workaround you have other then using a external interval timer? I would still like to use the internal app for its ael low/med/high function as well as the internal app locks the aperture down and makes it preform like the canon lens twist trick.

Perhaps someone here works for Sony and can relay this glitch to them and get it fixed? I so I will pay whoever does this $100, as you would literally be making my job so much easier to get this fixed.

Thank you all so much for your time!
#2 Gunther
It might be possible that the camera is ISO-invariant from ISO 800 on. This would mean that it doesn't make any difference if you increase the ISO any further in comparison to increasing exposure in Raw-processing. If I were you, I would do some test shots that to figure out if it's the case.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Cinema Ninja
I think you might be right Gunther, at least according to this it seems just boosting the EV 3+ stops to get iso 6400 has a bit less noise then actually shooting iso 6400. Am I correct in my assumptions based on this site?
Kinda hard to tell- https://www.dpreview.com/news/4302149407...nikon-d850

Pretty crazy did not even know this was a thing. Thanks for the heads up!

...also check out: