• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

"Timestamps in the Future" Warning Message

#1 arbiel
I'd like to suggest a preferences option to disable the timestamp check when navigating to a new folder. I am referring to the check that may result in the "Timestamps in the Future" popup warning appearing. I have two reasons behind this suggestion. (1) I see this popup warning too frequently, but never need to fix the timestamps. (2) Folder loading pauses when this popup warning appears.

(1) I keep all of my camera clocks synchronized to UTC. This way, I never have to worry about changing the camera clock when I go to a new time zone or for daylight savings. However, because I am in the U.S. (GMT -X time) and often start LRTL immediately after shooting, my operating system clock is almost always ahead of the image timestamps. In addition to the preferences option, perhaps there could also be a checkbox in the popup warning for "do not show this again" or "do not show this again this session".

(2) As mentioned previously, I see this popup warning frequently. However, not sooo frequently that I would never forget to anticipate it. There have been some instances where I click on a folder to begin its initialization, then leave my computer to do something else as I expect the initialization to take a long time. However, when I return to my computer, I find that the initialization never started, because "Timestamps in the Future" popup warning appeared. Perhaps it could also be possible to continue folder loading in the background while the popup warning has appeared, stopping only if the user selects to fix timestamps.

Thank you!
#2 Gunther
First of all, working with camera timestamps that lay in the future is absolutely not recommended. You might get all sort of problems, because updating Metadata will not be reliable in Lighttroom then. That's why LRTimelapse displays that warning. You should really take that seriously.

The message currently doesn't block the loading of a sequence. It will only appear after loading and preview creation have finished.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: