• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Unable to open, install or uninstall LRTimelapse since downloading 5.6.2

#1 smnbgr
Hi Gunther,

I've encountered a major issue since downloading the 5.6.2 update and I'm currently unable to open, uninstall or install the latest version of LRT.

I was using 5.6.0 with no problem until last week when I downloaded version 5.6.2 and tried to install it. I received an error message at the end of the setup saying 'Access is denied' and then another saying 'Setup was not complete, please correct the problem and run setup again'. Since this occurred, when I try to open my existing version 5.6.0, I receive an error message saying 'This application requires a java runtime environment 10.0.3'.

I then downloaded and installed the latest java update from here: https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp however this did not fix the issue.

I've also tried to uninstall LRT from my computer however I've been unable to do this and received an error message 'the setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program'.

I've now also downloaded and tried to install the latest version, 5.6.3 but I receive the same 'Access is denied' error message when running the set up.

My operating system is a Windows 10 64-bit laptop.

Would be grateful for your assistance to be able to use LRT again.
#2 Gunther
First of all: Please don't install any JAVA runtimes for LRTimelapse. They are not required.
I'd suspect your virus scanner interferring with the install. Try to download the latest version which now is 5.6.3 and try installing it again. The installer will normally run without any errors and LRTimelapse will be installed.
If you get any error message, try disabling your virus scanner temporarily for the install. (The LRTimelapse installer from my page is 100% clean). https://lrtimelapse.com/download/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 smnbgr
Hi Gunther, thanks for responding so quickly. I did try turning off the virus scanner but that didn't resolve the issue. All the same errors are happening with the virus scanner on or off.
#4 mopperle
What happens when you right click on the installer and choose "Run as Administrator"?
Gruß/regards

Otto
#5 smnbgr
Same issue unfortunately. The installer gets all the way to the end before the error message occurs.
#6 Gunther
Any other "security" software on your system that might be interfering? That's definitely something on your system since it's not happening to others. Please check.
#7 smnbgr
Hi Gunther, it seems the uninstall application from 5.6.3 somehow became corrupted. I managed to solve the issue by deleting the uninstall files from the LRTimelapse folder in my C drive and running the installation again. All good now, thanks.
#8 Gunther
Glad you could sort it out! Enjoy!

...also check out: