• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Unable to render intermediate files

#1 Rui Guerra
I've just bought the LRT3 PRO but until now I can't export the intermediate jpeg sequence, and I don't understand what is the problem.

After choosing the output path (the same folder where is my original RAW sequence) and hit the export button, it prepares the exportation ok but after that the task bar only shows the first jpeg to be exported and seconds after that it's done, without any other file exported (and yes, I've selected ALL the files in the grid view (LR) to be exported).

And thats it. Nothing else happens. :-(

I've navigated to the original folder and there are no jpegs in it :-( not even one!

Anyone can help?

Note: I'm working with LR5 .

Thanks!

Best regards,
#2 Rui Guerra
Update: I have restarted LR5 and now it seams that it's exporting all the jpegs...

I'm waiting for it to finish to see if everything is working now.
#3 Gunther
Okay, keep me posted.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 Rui Guerra
After all, the problem is even more strange...

As I sad, I've restart LR5 and the task bar showed the exportation of the intermediate jpegs sequences as it should. However, after exporting was completed, I navigated to the original folders just to find that:

- The first exported sequence, just wasn't there, not even the folder that LRTexport should have created. Absolutely nothing!

- The second sequence was there but incomplete. There were 800 original RAW files and in the created folder there is only 625. But after some moments I saw that the number keeps increase, as if the export process is still running (although there is no task bar inside LR5). So it's like a background task that is still going on, without any visible window. Just an increasingly number of exported jpeg files. Lets see if it completes the 800 files...

Right now I'm going to start it all again with the first sequence and leave the computer working during the night to see what I'll got in the morning.

All the best,
#5 Rui Guerra
I've just checked the rendering of the intermediate files that occurred during the night and both are ok.

I'll keep this post updated if the problem happens again.

Regards,
#6 Rui Guerra
Hi Gunther,

The problem of exporting intermediate files is not solved.
I've just sent you a video (through Filemail) where I show you this problem happening in real time.

I hope that this way you can understand better the problem and help me solving it.

All the best,
#7 Rui Guerra
After I've sent the video of my workflow to Gunther Wegner, he could detect the possible cause for this unreliable behavior while trying to export the intermediate files.

For a destination folder, I was choosing the same folder as the original RAW files, and it looks like this is not the best option and could cause this erratic behavior.

I was choosing that so I could had all the RAW, TIFF and video inside the same folder, trying to be more organized... Now I'm choosing to put the intermediate files folder at the side of the one that contains the original RAWs, and after rendering the video I just move it to the originals folder and delete all the intermediate files (after I see the video and be sure that it is like I want it).

So far so good...

Thanks for the help, Gunther!
#8 Gunther
You are welcome. If you don't want to keep the intermediate files, you can as well check the option to delete them after rendering in the LRTimelapse Video Export dialog.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#9 Rui Guerra
Hi all,

After exported some more intermediate TIFF sequences, the problem happened again right now, that is, the export job ends up with just one TIFF image exported (although I've selected all the sequence, as always). And that was just after a second attempt, because the first one not even created the LRT export folder...

As anyone experience any of these "intermittent" problems while trying to export sequences from LR5 with the LRT plugging?

Probably after relaunch LR the problem may or not be solved for now (I'm waiting for the feedback of Guntehr Wegner) but I'm interested to know if is just me that have these type of problems, to try to understand if it's something in my Mac/software.
I'm running a Macbook Air i7 laptop.

Thanks!
#10 Rui Guerra
I've relaunched LR5 and after that, the exportation is doing well.

One interesting diference was that prior to the relaunch, LR5 was preparing the files (window that appears in the center of the screen) and after that it jumps to the exporting process (without any result).

After relaunching, LR5 prepared the fliles and then it shows briefly in the task bar that it was checking the files and only after that the exportation begun (until now its running ok).

I don't know if that missing task of "checking the files" points to some clue to the problem.

Cheers,

...also check out: